Lindsay air graver

Beeman

I am thinking of buying the classic air graver from Lindsay engraving.
Anybody done so recently? I was wondering about the import duty and VAT situation.
If anyone could advise it would be appreciated
Thanks

Beeman

Sorry for the error, I should have included that l live in Yorkshire in the UK. I just wondered if anyone on forum knows anyone here in the UK. who has bought equipment from Lindsay engraving that could enlighten me regarding shipping duties and such like.
Thanks

Sim

Hi, shipped 33lb vice and equipment from Steve Lindsay... no issues and tracking via FedEx... picked it up from Worcester depo before they hand over to TNT for my Birmingham address, was too excited. I use formula $1.5k = £1K (Dollar rate) so tax about 20% vat 5% import duty on top... mine was in 2019 so about £330 duties. I had shipped using my own FedEx account 15% discount, £188 to ship vice, used my values and Harmonized Code : 8459.29.000000
Hope that is useful to you and enjoy your engraving,

Roger

My goodness, I owe my legislators an apology as I was under the impression that our (US) taxes were out of control.
You Should be in Australia. I have bought a bit of stuff from Mr. Lindsay. First class products and easy to use also, have never had to pay any any duties or taxes on import.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
You Should be in Australia. I have bought a bit of stuff from Mr. Lindsay. First class products and easy to use also, have never had to pay any any duties or taxes on import.
Recently.. i’m Not in Australia , but I’ve noticed export/import duties have gone through the roof for tools out of the US in the last few years

Beeman

Good thing is you never hear anything bad said about Steve Lindsay’s equipment. I have never seen any of his stuff for sale second hand either.
Maybe in time a trade deal with the US will ease the import duty situation.

Latest posts

Sponsors