Lindsay Engraving Collets vs GRS Tools Collets

DakotaDocMartin

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The subject of whether you can use the Lindsay Engraving long collets in the GRS hand pieces and whether you can use the GRS QC collets in the Lindsay collet nose hand pieces has come up from time to time. I did a side by side comparison and, they are fully interchangeable. The Lindsay collet nose handpieces are now made to use a shorter collet so the older long collets require an adapter that Steve makes and supplies with his handpieces.

Lindsay_GRS_Collets.jpg

The subject of whether you can use the Lindsay Engraving long collets in the GRS hand pieces and whether you can use the GRS QC collets in the Lindsay collet nose hand pieces has come up from time to time. I did a side by side comparison and, they are fully interchangeable. The Lindsay collet nose handpieces are now made to use a shorter collet so the older long collets require an adapter that Steve makes and supplies with his handpieces.

View attachment 46933
Thanks for sharing and clearing that up. I suspected they were interchangeable but wasn't positive. Now we know! Thanks again ✌️

kpattie

@DakotaDocMartin

Hi Neal,

Thank you for the post it comes at a perfect time! Looking to purchase a Lindsay airgraver myself. Would you be able to please clarify if this mean to use the GRS collets and gravers in a Lindsay graver we will need the adapter from Steve? Since it seems the GRS collets are like Lindsay's long collets?

Thanks in advance!
Kishan

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
No adapter needed Steve makes a airgraver for the bigger collets, and collets that will fit the original style air graver. Check out his site hope this helps or call him great service

Dave London

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
To clarify Steve makes several airgravers one uses the larger collet. To the best of my knowledge,and he makes all kinds of collets for his tools . It appears from the info Doc provided that the GRS and Lindsay larger collets are interchangeable . Thanks Doc

Latest posts

Sponsors