Lions

Andrew Biggs

WOW Phil

Another stunning peice!!!

So how are you getting on with your carved gun that you posted the sideplates to a while back? You must starting to make quite a bit of headway on them now?

I'm carving a Sterling silver bracelet at the moment and that deep background removal just dosn't get any quicker!!! :D

Cheers
Andrew

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Andrew, i've been on holidays for two weeks so that's put me back a bit, i've also had the Rooservelt gun back for finishing, but they should be finished around November.

Phil

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Great to have you back Mr. Phil . Wow, those lions make you feel as you are almost there ! I'll never know how you are able to get so much life like qualities to your scenes --- has to be absolute dedication to the most minute detail . Thanks for sharing these pictures ! All the best, Ken.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,

I am also very impressed with the way you sculpted the leaves on the fences and reinforcing boss of the action. Very unique. Is that some kind of leaf native to some part of Africa?

Roger

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, these look almost identicle to the gold inlaid lions you posted a while back; do you use the same posings very often?

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Phil
As a beginner it excites me. Makes me want to take a class to learn how to do it. I know its not as simple as that but its a start. Thanks.
Rod

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil, these look almost identicle to the gold inlaid lions you posted a while back; do you use the same posings very often?
It's the same, sometimes a good scene is too good just to use once.

Rod,
There's only one place to start and that's at the beginning, we've all done it :)

Phil

Latest posts

Sponsors