Little silver pendant

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Ever since I started "engraving", my youngest son started bugging me for a necklace. Everytime I am practicing or doing a plate, he walks in and asks if it's his. He will snatch finished and unfinished plates from me, starts running and will yell: "mineeeeee...all mine!".
So...last week I started a little pendant for the little thief and this is the result. I will be doing a pattern on the back too, so it isn't as empty, but this is the business end. 24mm x 50mm 925 silver.

Feel free to rip it apart, I truly don't mind.

Marc 20220418_201011.jpg

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Flawless, superb, magnificent! My only question is the little guy old enough to care for such a precious engraving? How many hours of work was this?

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Flawless, superb, magnificent! My only question is the little guy old enough to care for such a precious engraving? How many hours of work was this?
Thank you for the compliment.

Little man is turning 13 in a couple of weeks. He's the type of kid that takes years to wear out his shoes. Super careful with anything he owns. I'm pretty sure he'll be okay, hahaha. If not...I can always make him a new one.
I'm guessing(big guess though), about 15 hours of work. But I work kinda slow, so I would think someone more experienced would do it alot faster.

Marc

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Would be nice, but I don't see that happen anytime soon. He tried once, but he is happier gaming, fishing and watching youtube. Maybe when he's a little older. His drawing skills are pretty good though...

Marc

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent.
Slower has always been faster, in my personal experiance.
Jim
I am in the lucky position that I can take all the time I want, since I am not getting paid for engraving. Keeps it nice and relaxed, hahaha. No pressure whatsoever.

Marc

Latest posts

Sponsors