Question: Local Engravers

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
Happy Holidays to all, I'm new to Metal engraving but not to the arts themselves, I've been a Tattoo Artist, Also Painting some, Im 58 yrs old Disabled and unfortunately recently Widowed, I live in Shirley Long Island and was just wondering if there was any other Members who live around me that I might be able to get in touch with for a little hands on teaching ( I'm willing to Pay of course ) Just some Basics, I hope it was alright that I asked this question here, Again A very Happy Holiday Season To all and Their Families, PEACE.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sorry to hear of the loss of your loved one.
Best of luck in your search for engraving help.
Wish we were closer so I could help you.
Blessed Holidays to you.

Reactions: Sam

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you John, Of course with the Holidays here It's one of the toughest things I have ever felt myself going thru but I have a lot of support from my 3 grown children and 2 GREAT(I MEANT TERRIFIC LOL I'M NOT THAT OLD YET LOL ) Grand Children, Engraving is similar to Tattooing to me except Better because I dont have to have another person in the room with me while I sink myself into a piece, It helps so much in occupying my mind and get to make some nice Christmas Presents LOL, Thank you so much for the kind reply, I wish I were closer also. Have a very happy Holiday,

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
certainly allright ! i hope you can find someone nearby to give you a bit of a jump start. if not, there's literally scads of videos for free on the tube. also excellent professional video instruction available. a video, say by sam, may run a few bucks, but think of the cost of doing things incorrectly-- far more costly in the long run.

gcleaker

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome welcome been right there with you know what you're going up against and I'm sure if you keep looking you'll find someone sometimes we're pretty well hidden in plain sight.

edgrabow15

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks to everyone giving me a thumbs up and a hearty welcome, with the Holiday season in full swing and my Emotions all over the place obviously thinking of my Late wife the words of encouragement are a great help.I bought the Lindsey classic along with the foot pedal and air regulators from one of the members and its all due to arrive today. Im so excited. I was able to pick up a GRS Honing machine with all the accessories, all the differant plates along with the holding fixture for the gravers etc along with the stereo microscope head with extra lenses from JJ Roberts , Its all coming together. hopefully by next week Ill have a nice little table/shop set up. When its ready I'll post a Picture, J J Roberts also has a school thats within driving distance of me ( I have a 53 ft Winnebago Motor Home ) Im considering signing up for next year and taking a little road trip at the same time. You all are a great group of guys that I wish I had known long age, At least Im getting to know you now," Stay Groovy " Eddie G

Sponsors