Looking for information on Tony Tuscano Engraver from Ohio.

superdave269

I am looking for any information on a master engraver named Tony Tuscano from Ohio. I am buying a beautiful Colt New Frontier that the owner claims he had Tony engrave years ago. Unfortunately he did not save any of the paperwork. All I can find so far is that Tony was a protégée from Floyd Warren. Floyd, was a student of Roy Vail gun builder and gun engraver. Sounds like Tony had a nice following and possibly a gun shop as I found his name and address under find a FFL in Ohio. I could find no post regarding him that were under 10 years old. Someone must be familiar with him and his work.

Attachments

• Tony Tuscano.jpg
    Tony Tuscano.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 73

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Maybe our FEGA historian will see your post and reply.
If anyone knows his engraving career it will be Roger Bleille, FEGA Historian.
Tony does not appear in Roger's American Engravers books.

Last edited:

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tony Tuscano was indeed tutored by the late Floyd Warren of Cortland, Ohio. I first met Tony about 40 years ago at the Ohio Gun Collectors gun show in Columbus. The gun in your pictures looks to be an early example of Tony's work. In more recent years, Tony did some work for Tony Galazan.

If you will send a private message on this site I will provide the most recent contact information that I have for Tony Tuscano.

Latest posts

Sponsors