Looking to get started

LBCustom

Where is the best place to buy a set of decent tools and some instructional books and videos for a beginner? thanks in advance.:D

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Well, I guess it depends on how you define a decent set of tools. Gravers can be purchased from any jewelers supply, as well as books & videos. Then there pneumatic tools that can greatly reduce the learning curve. There are a few suppliers listed on iGraver's links page, but there are more than that. You might also consider attending a class. There are a few engraving teachers on this forum that would be happy to assist. / ~Sam

William Grubb

Elite Cafe Member
LB CUSTOM,
I would suggest contacting the Glendo Corp. 1-800-835-3519
Emporia Kansas, also Sam Alfano has some of the best ,easiest to learn by
dvd's that I've ever purchased. Very excellent I would highly recommend his
Dvd's.

Bill

LBCustom

Thanks guys. Thats enough info to get me started. I'm glad I found this place.

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Sam who is the host and originator of this forum is also a great instructor. I've taken a class from him and he was great. I'm sure he will give you more information on his classes if you request it.
Good Luck,

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
We're glad you found it too, LB. Please make yourself at home and we welcome your participation in the Cafe. There are many fine engravers here with an incredible amount of experience and knowledge that are willing to share help you on your engraving journey. / ~Sam