Lunch with Marcus

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I had lunch with Marcus Hunt and Rex Pederson on Sunday. We had a lot of laughs. Marcus is a delightful fellow with a great sense of humor. I does not take much time when talking with Marcus to realize that this man is a true professional. It was fun to watch conversation with Rex's dry sense of humor and Marcus's jovial laughs. I think our lunch went on for about three hours and several diet Pepsies. One thing that struck me was the dying art of English scroll work in Europe. Hopefully with GRS's efforts with the Grand Masters program and masters like Marcus and his father Ken, these skills can be taught here in America.
We are very lucky that Sam has put this forum together so that communication between these talented engravers and us can be so easy.:)

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Glenn,
It was a FUN time and thanks for that!
Marcus finally got his luggage by the way too.
We're having a good time here this week.
Rex

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
Let's see. If I leave right now I could probably be there for breakfast. Man that sounds like a good time. Rex, do you think you could talk Marcus and his father into another trip to the states, maybe a short stay in Reno?;) You guys have a great time out there. David

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'll try to twist his arm for Reno. Heck, you could ride out with Lee! Marcus will be out here next week too! We're having a blast out here. There's a WHOLE bunch of Cafe people out here. I'm just too tired to name them all with out forgetting someone right now.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glenn, it was great to meet you too. Lunch with Rex was fun wasn't it?

For many years we engravers only had our own company but with the advent of the internet and this forum it's allowed us to make new friends. I've met with Rex and Chris DeCamillis before but when I met Glenn, Tira, Yves and Sandy as well as Todd Daniels it felt like meeting up with old friends and not strangers. It's great and I'm having a ball!!!

A big thank you Sam for starting this forum, Tira for your hard work in helping run it and to the guys and girls at GRS for their indefatiguable efforts in promoting the art of engraving.

Latest posts

Sponsors