Machining help/advise wherever needed

gunner312

Just thought I'd make an offer of machinist help to folks if it's needed. I've been a Machinist for the last 22 years. Since I retired form the military. I graduated from a Gunsmithing (2-year course) and have degrees in Gunsmithing as well as Precision machine Technology.

I held a FFL from 1968 till I finally gave it up in 1998. After that I concentrated on Aero-Space manufacturing and I had my own Job-Shop until I had to retire several years ago.

I taught at a JC near here for 3 years. (Beginning/Intermediate Machine Shop, Manual Machines)

I have in my own small home shop two 3-Axis CNC Mills (and a third that I'm re-building). Two 14 X 40 Lathes, A Surface Grinder, Vertical Band Saw, Horizontal Band Saw, Die Filer, Tig Welder, Mig Welder as well as other peripherals I have used over the years..

I have been programming my machines for several years, to do machine engraving (my website has some lousy photos of some of the things i've done) but I'd like to learn to do the more conventional (and beautiful) sort.

I am a 100% disabled veteran due to some things that happend to while I was serving (23 years) and is also why I had to retire. So I havn't much cash to use. So as long as it dosn't take money I'm always glad to help.

Well, as I said, if anyone needs machining advise or help, feel free to give me a call. (360-275-8550).

Jim Wright

jimzim75

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Jim,
Your killing me here. What a great shop. I'd come over in
an instant to see it but Washington state is a bit of a drive
from Ontario. I love to see some pictures, please.
If you couldn't tell, I'm a tool head. I have a lathe and
mill but neither computer aided, yet. I look forward with
interest to reading your threads.

Welcome to the forum.

Jim

Last edited:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome: i don't need advice anymore as i sold most of my shop equipment. now and then i need small jobs done. if you're willing to do such work, my address : monk45@verizon.net .

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Welcome,Jim.
Thank you for offering help with machining projects.
Hope you can get any engraving help that you may need here.
And thank you for your service to our Country,
Happy New Year.
John B.

thefox

Hi Jim and all!
This is my first post, as I am a "newbie". It sounds like you might be the help I might need.

I collect old A. H. Fox shotguns, and am planning on customizing all I can. As you know, they are all pretty much individuals, and when you fit other pieces to them, they almost all need some fitting.

I have been enjoying all the information that is on this forum, and I am simply knocked out by the willingness
of everyone to help out.

I had never even so much as put a scratch on anything that pertains to engraving until last Sept. I enjoyed a class in basic engraving at GRS, Marty Rabino being the instructor. It was one of the most enjoyable weeks I've ever spent. My only regret is that I will be 71 years old this coming June. I know this sounds like I have lost it entirely! I bought a bunch of practice plates while I was there, and have really been getting with it. I wish I had started a "bit" earlier.

Again let me say how impressed I am with all the members. The only one of the group that I have met, is Marty, but I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch more. Best wishes to all!

Bryan Clary

Andrew Biggs

Hi Jim and Barry

Welcome aboard to the both of you. Feel free to join in anytime you like.

Jim that's a mighty generous offer you've made there.

Bryan...........You're never too old to learn or enjoy anything. My condolences on meeting Marty, that must have been quite a shock for you :D :D :D

Cheers
Andrew

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jim,

Thanks for the kind offer to pitch in with your experience and wisdom in machine shop lore!

There are plenty of kindred spirits in this forum, and we wont hesitate to ask questions of you when talk turns to lathes, mills, etc. Thanks for this posting!

best

Rod

Sponsors