Made gifts for Christmas. Rings made himself. Engraved himself. I put the stones myself. My drawings.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
looks nice-- a closeup would better showcase what you have done here. just a thought

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
looks nice-- a closeup would better showcase what you have done here. just a thought
Sir, thank you. The next work will be taken close-ups. Advise which camera is better for taking pictures of jewelry and engraving.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Sir, thank you. The next work will be taken close-ups. Advise which camera is better for taking pictures of jewelry and engraving.
i'm not sure the camera matters as much as the lighting setup. look on the forum tips for "light tents". one can take really acceptable fotos with a cell phone if the lighting is controlled. the key is diffused lighting. such eliminates glare spots , reflections, and other distractions. even an old lampshade can work in a pinch.

Stefan

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Monk for the advice. I have a lot of work. Shooting is not always successful. I will try to experiment.

WMS

Almost any digital camera will take good to excellent close up photos if it has a macro mode. Cell phones also seem to do well. If you really want to strive for excellence I would suggest a digital camera with a dedicated macro lens, I have a Canon 80D with a 100 mm macro lens and have absolutely no question that this camera/lens is far more capable than I am. As for lighting indirect sunlight is both inexpensive and very good. Oh and use a tripod to support your camera if possible.

Photography-on-the-net.com has a discussion forum dedicated to close up and macro photography, one can learn much there.