making your own panto templates #3

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the permanent template
a greater choice of materials for this type. this type should be used for any design you know there will be
frequent calls for- logos, fire, police, fraternal, religious, etc. be ever mindful, just copying a logo doesn't
mean you may have the legal right to use it. i also save scroll spines and such. they're handy to refer to
and study at times.
i prefer to use common engravers plastic (styrene), it's more pricey but it is overall the easiest material
to work with. to cut to size, to layout, and to engrave on. it can also be used on both sides of the blank.
you can sometimes get this at discount when you buy colors that are being discontinued.
years ago i made many of aluminum simply because i was given a sizeable quantity of the plates in 1/16"
x6x12". these were lousy to cut, but to this day i still use them. i've also used hd closed cell foam and
plastic window glasing sheet. the foam cuts fairly well but is .125" thick as is the clear plastic. i never use
the clear plastic; it's tough to score and break to size and it's brittle. i also do not like cutting grooves in
the stuff. questions answered at jayismonk450@gmail.com or 724-328-4951 no pm's please

Attachments

• HD FOAM.JPG
    HD FOAM.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 52
  • ALUMINUM.JPG
    ALUMINUM.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 70

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for doing this Monk! I started a thread in the tips section that merges all your info together. :)

Latest posts

Sponsors