making your own templates part2

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
three basic template types temporary, permanent, & small insert type.
first-- the temporary paper type template :
these can be done on ordinary computer paper. i prefer using heavier manilla type paper stock. these can
be direct printed from your software program or drawn by hand. i generally do one-of-a-kind monograms or
anything not likely to ever be called for again.
if you have a favorite font, you might try to standardize the sizes and build an entire set. this type is very
quick to create, but must be very slowly traced as there is no restraint on the tracing stylus. the result will
usually appear as though done during a # 6 on the richter, but your cut lines will surely cover the wigglies.
don't use a lot of pressure on the diamond point. you don't want to engrave the design here, you just
want to lightly mark it for later hand engraving. always make sure you have horizontal and vertical alignment
marks on the paper. this allows proper orientation on the copy table.
if needed, scissor trim the sheet and tape to the copy table and you're ready to go.
i'll answer all questions via e-mail or to 724-3284951, no pm's please.

Attachments

• PAPER TEMP.JPG
    PAPER TEMP.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 100

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
you'll run into problems though on some things that have curved surfaces. such items can be done, but with care, the problems can be worked out. like anything worthwhile, practice has its rewards. when you transfer a 2 dimensional drawing onto a 3 dimensional surface ( curves ) crazy things will oft times happen.

Latest posts

Sponsors