Question: Material suppliers in USA

CMSchneider

Hi y’all, newbie here. I’m looking for suppliers of silver and silverplate (silver clad?) parts for belts, blank money clips, etc. I’m wanting to use the practice of engraving to adorn my belt for “free” advertising. I’ve learned the hard way to avoid anything nickel plated (longest day of my life).
I didn’t see anything here in the forums about this and any help would be much appreciated.
CM

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
welcome to the forum. i think of the forum as a place to get a post doc degree in the engraving arts. lurk here and yee shall see.

AO84

Hi y’all, newbie here. I’m looking for suppliers of silver and silverplate (silver clad?) parts for belts, blank money clips, etc. I’m wanting to use the practice of engraving to adorn my belt for “free” advertising. I’ve learned the hard way to avoid anything nickel plated (longest day of my life).
I didn’t see

AO84

My understanding is those types of items aren't sold readily available (typically) and have to be custom made. Some of the sterling signet rings I carry would be workable if you'd like to take a look through my current listings:

If you want a sterling belt buckle, etc, please PM me and I can see if it's something I can make for.you if it makes financial sense for both of us, thanks

Travis Fry

If you're looking to fab your own stuff, I agree with everyone about Rio. They do have findings also, but I've only rarely dealt with that side of the business. If you want premade parts or pieces, Wes Griffin at Texas Silversmith Supply (and Texas Engraving School) has some stuff available. Either way, there's a lot of resources there.

TwoRivers

I didn’t see anything here in the forums about this and any help would be much appreciated.
CM
Try Rio Grand