micromotor

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Csontmetszo,We engraver with H&C or power assist not NSK unless you want to get your self in trouble,one slip and you'll spend hours trying to fixing it if its fixable.Good luck. J.J.

WMS

Perhaps this link might help http://www.ottofrei.com/Foredom-K-1070-Micromotor-Kit

As a jeweler I've used micromotors and will attest to the need for a light touch, however there high speed does move metal easily with that same light touch, and the right bur, cutting wheel or abrasive disk. Just watch the speed, as some bur, disks, wheels etc are not rated for the high speeds of a micromotors.

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Saeyang or Marathon brand. They make the micromotor for Foredom and others.

I agree. I have same thing but I got it from Gesswein. Sold as their ECO-Torque 280.
At a lot lower price than I see posted for the Foredom unit.
It's a good little rotary unit using 3/32 inch dental burs in their 3/32 inch collet.

Last edited:

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Csontmetszo,
Both the flex shaft and the micro motor have their place and different uses.
Some jobs are better for one than for the other.
What part of gun engraving do you plan to use it for?
Background removal or sculpturing or what?

Sinterklaas

Elite Cafe Member
Personally I find that the flex-shaft gets heavy after using for sometime. Because you have to push and pull the whole flex-shaft .

With the micromotor all the weight is in your hand. I have an NSK and it is really nice to work with when I practice my stone-setting.

Csontmetzo, look in other EU countries if they sell what you want and can send it to Hungary. Because Hungary has high tax, it might me cheaper to import.

Csontmetszo

Utahhandpiecerepair.com az, ahol el akar menni.

"NSK Presto II Handpiece – Rotary Tool for Engraving
The speed of air turbine tools allow you greater control compared to electric (slower) tools. "

Like. GRS G8 + JUN-AIR Compressor got it. You just have to connect.
Can this be the best tool for background removal ?

papart1

not for tight areas..if they are large......still have to really careful, one...........just one slip and you'll cry. pap

papart1

I only use mine on practice pieces right now, has not been used on commissions, pap

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
Csontmetszo, the air turbines are very fast but have almost no torque.
The electrics have much more torque at a slower RPM speed.
All rotary tools need a lot of PRACTICE AND CAREFUL use for background removal.
I find the electric best and use a 1/16 inch micro grind carbide bit shaped to nearly a triangular point. It cuts very fast and will get into everything but the tightest corners.
For these tight corners I use a knife graver or a carbide scribe to remove the metal.
I follow up by stippling all the areas that were removed by a rotary tool.
Anyway you do it background removal is a time consuming process.

Last edited:

Takoyaki

Hi there,

the best micromotors, quality wise,
are Badeco, Osada and NSK.
Badeco is Swiss made, the other two made in Japan!
Badeco is on top with the price, Osada and NSK follow.
Quality is same!
Goldsmiths and dental laboratory run them for 30yrs or more! You get great parts support, if you need!
Chinese or Korean made micromotors aren't precise,
after 4-5 yrs of daily use they give up! Parts, yes they send some parts together with the purchase, but you never need them, cause the handpiece breaks before you be to change the parts!
Badeco is producing and selling to jewelers only, NSK and Osada are mainly serving the bigger market for dental labs! And here comes the interesting part; dental labs often change every couple of yrs the lab equipment, due to tax reasons!
So, NSK and Osada you can get often used but in good shape for a price what is about same than the Chinese and Korean ones cost new!
The used NSK and Osada will run still many more yrs, more precise, quieter, headpieces not getting hot...
Look out for dental lab sale, also at the "bay"! The same maschines listed under Jewellery tools are selling used in higher prices!

There is no substitute for quality tools! Don't waste your time & money for crap!
Sorry, just my experience!

And if you have to sell them on again one day, you ain't lose much money!

Good luck!

Greetings
Tako

Foredom flexshafts are also good for a Long Time, but I prefer the micromotors! I have NSK and Osada in my workshop, but tried also many cheaper "brands" in the last 35yrs!

Csontmetszo

Good evening! Thank you very much for the helpful advice, Takoyaki! I watch NSK and Badeco. I'm still looking for a good price. I have not known the Osada micromotor so far. I'm already watching this micromotor! True Bentley between the micromotors. Love it! Thank you again for your comment! All the best!:beerchug::tiphat::thumbsup:

Takoyaki

Thanks csontmetszo !

For the Osada handpieces. (the micromotor ones, not the air driven!)
there is also a badeco setting hammer available! Its only the top half of the handpiece, cost around 700$ in Europe! I m sure u find that part also in the US!
There is im my opinion no better setting hammer in the market!

Greetings
Tako

Last edited:

Csontmetszo

Hello everyone!
I was looking for used Osada micromotor machines. Unfortunately they are sold in pieces. The new device is better. Osada EXL-M40.
Where to buy 3/32 size cutter for background removal?
Which make and which distributor is the best choice? What profile should I have in the Bur sets?
Greetings : Csontmetszo

Sponsors