Microscope camera question

Travis_UT

What microscopes have the ability to have a video camera and you can use both eye pieces while using the camera? I have seen one Amscope, not sure what model but when you want to use video camera you can only see thru one eye piece.

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
Both cheaper models from Eakins and Amscope has it plus more expensive models from Zeiss, Leica, Meiji and others. It is of course a budget question, but if you can, try to avoid Eakins, Amscope and other cheaper models.. The ones I have tried have been absolutely horrible.. bad depth, light, lenses and build quality, but the worst, I got a huge headache after a couple of hours of engraving.. to me useless.

My daily microscope is a Meiji EMZ-5 and I never have any headache issues.. soon I´ll upgrade to a Zeiss Stemi 508 Trinocular. Good luck! :)

Mike576

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I would second to stay away from amscope. While i had it the scope worked and seemed nice but i would get headaches not knowing why. After upgrading to a zeiss opmi 1 i knew why! the low quality optics were the reason on the amscope. I recently just got a leica a60 and while it is very nice, the Zeiss was better in my opinion. Just my 2 thoughts! Good luck in the search.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
trinoc for sure. i had an amscope bino for some time. it was reasonably good. never a headache with it. i did switch to a leica bino. the leica optics were somewhat better. jmho

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
If I’m not mistaken, the Leica A60, the one with the fabulous depth of focus, cannot be used with a camera. Something about the asymmetrical lens system…

Latest posts

Sponsors