Question: more on transparency transfers.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
On the epson printers, like the C88 etc. The ink you get from staples is made in Japan and will not transfer. I bought some from Epson and it worked perfectly. The Epson durabright is the ink to get. I suspect I am having similar trouble with the HP printer.
Everybody else probably already knows this.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i have a doorstop. it's an epson. sorry, i forgot the model #. not being sarcastic, i had 2 epsons. ink price was out of sight and the cartridges didn't print many pages at all. i currently use hp. much better results, at amuch more economical price.

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just discovered the same is true of HP ink. Don't get the Staples ink for transfers. The hp ink must say vivera on the package or it will not transfer. At least that is what has happened to me.
This one works--

This one doesn't ---

airamp

Elite Cafe Member
Monk,

I only use the laser printer too.

I just don't like the ink printers and a door stop seem like a good use for it.

BUT, if you have the epson transfer sheets (original) and Transfer Magic nothing can beat the detail... Yet.

AirAmp

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jere
I think I have the new don't use cartidge in my HP. Did it a few weeks ago when I ran out and didn't notice the box change. What I have noticed however is that it is working but the transfers seem a little washed out. This is still OK for me as I only transfer lines and not greyscale type of details. That just gets in my way. When I set up the print preferences i go to photo/quality/best........then I go to color/greyscale/print black only

jerrywh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think some of the print cartridges are made in different countries and they use different ink.
I have a retraction to make. On the HP inkjet printer it is not the ink it is the transparency film. I put a piece of epson film in the HP and it transfered beautifully. I do not have any HP transparenciesso I don't know about them. I'm going to buy some of the pictorico and try them in the HP printer.

Last edited: