More Silver Bracelets

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here are my latest endeavors in silver. I'm starting to like it!

Weldon

Attachments

• Bracelets1.jpg
    Bracelets1.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 250
  • Bracelts2.jpg
    Bracelts2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 238

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Weldon,
Where are you getting the silver for your bracelets? Are you ordering it 1/2 inch wide?

Sandy

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon - great bracelets - and great photographs. I really like the picture on the right - very nice presentation. :)

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks to all! To answer a few questions: I use silver that is .080 thick and is in the form of 6x12 sheets. I measure and cut a slice on my band saw and then smooth the edges with a Burr King belt grinder using a 320 grit belt. After that I bed the stock in Bondo, let that harden up and then get to work. I am such a hillbilly and I know it would be more cost effective to buy strips already cut to size. I intend to do that after I sell a few and recoup my investment on the GRS former and the silver I already have on hand. My method does allow one to cut custom widths but it is time consuming on the prep work.
So in short, I guess these are pretty close to custom made all the way! (Not that I recommend all the effort!)

Weldon

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Weldon, I like the blackening treatment....I've got a whole tube of fingerprint ink that hates me. It ends up EVERYWHERE!
I'm wondering if anyone "lurking" out there has tried Rio Grande "Black Max" or the Midas Background Antique solutions?
I know Liver of Sulphur works.

Brian

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Marcus.

I have between 3/4 hours in the simpler designs and 8/10 in the oak leaf. The leaves are all sculpted and took quite a while (more than I figured when I started that one). The 5/8 with the little rose took around 6/8 hours.

Weldon

Sponsors