" Moses " carved coin

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
This is a carving i did for Jim Small, his name is Moses, Jim told me the history on Moses, but i lost it, when i get it again from Jim, I,ll let you know or maybe Jim will post it..

Attachments

• MVC-070F.JPG
    MVC-070F.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 128

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Bill, Moses is a nice reminder of the two fantastic coins "Sweeney and Irish Girl". Thanks again for your shared talents.

Steve223

Elite Cafe Member
Man Your work just amazes me Bill......I have gone thru about 50 bucks worth of change the last 2 months....

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
That is one of the best sculpted looking carvings I've seen ! You really have become an exceptional carver. Steve

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Here in Jim,s words is the history on "Moses............The picture is one I sent him some time ago and is the one I use in my Avatar…. The picture is one that has been in the family for many years and is my great grandfather….Moses Jordine Lee. He along with his father Stephen Lee was a member of the 8th Alabama. Like so many during the war of Northern Aggression ….they were first members of the home guard in Elba, Alabama before they joined the regular troops. Moses Lee in his later life was a state represenitive and the local probate judge in Coffee County, Alabama.

Jon C. Dake

That is really incredible. I just love the depth on the carving. How in the world do you get that great matte finish on the coin. I'm thinking I want to ruin a nickel.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Jon
The finish on a carved coin is the easy part for me in carving coins, getting a subject to look like the intended subject is harder for me to do..Just remember, when carving a coin or engraving any object, any dip, scratch, etc. has to be dealt with before the finish will look good..

Degs

Elite Cafe Member
Just brilliant...!!!! I think I'm getting there with this carving lark and you move the goal post another 5 miles up the field.....:D

Seriously.... I love it.

Degs

loyd freeman

What a great carving,I have not tried this part of engraving yet but,after looking at this coin ,I am going to start,Thanks for putting it up for us to look at and admire. Loyd