Mr. Paws...

Andrew Biggs

Hi JC

Fantastic looking watch!!! The dog is picture perfect and the shadowing around the leaves really makes them stand out from the surface.

It can be quite time consuming stopping to take photos of the work along the way. Thanks for taking the time to do that.

Cheers
Andrew

To get things actual size on the computer, all I do in PhotoShop is hold the original against the computer screen and size the photo down to as close as I can get to the original engraved peice. Then hit it once with the sharpen filter............hardly high tech but it seems to work. The resolution suffers a bit but I don't think there is a lot you can do about it as a screen resolution is around 80dpi.

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Splendid piece of work to say the least. The dog is great, and the 3-dimensional shading of the ornamentals is just fantastic. Rich and beautiful treatment.

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Most excellent as usual J.C.. Two questions did youhave to set those tiny diamonds? Do you releive the bellies of your less than 90 degree points with Steve's system or just old style bellies? The reason I ask is I have been experimenting with some 80 and 70 degree points and have not got good clearance, but I am cutting very deep. Any suggestions? Are you coming to Reno? .....Owen

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Beautiful job JC. Excellent likeness and great layout, really gives a nice depth to the overall appearance. Thanks for the step by step.Is the stainless used in the Reverso engraver friendly so to speak or is it hard like most stainless watches?

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
This photo series is certainly worthy of including in the Tips Archive, which I have done. Hope you don't mind, JC.