Muzzleloader

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, they are commercial locks. They were all purchased complete with the exception of the matching set of english locks. Those two were castings that I bought from Peter Dyson in England. The lockplates, frizzens and cocks were purchased and the rest of the parts I made. They are not quite complete as I still need to make one main spring and both scear springs then the whole interior needs to be cleaned up and finished. The castings were made from an original set of William Smith locks. I had Peter putty over the engraveing before making the molds so i could engrave them to my own taste. I forgot, however, to ask him to do the same for the cocks so they arrived with the original engraveing cast in them so i recut it, added the running leaf boarder and did the plates to match. Here are the interiors so far. That looks like a nice set trigger assembly. I appreciate the pics. Thanks

Marty, I started engraveuing just to do my muzzleloaders and still pretty much only do muzzleloaders or related items.

Attachments

• smithi.jpg
    smithi.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Christiaan, I don't have alot of pictures of my stuff to show but here's a few locks. Some of these have been posted here before
Thanks Cody, Those locks are superb. An elegant finely tuned "flinch" lock does something to my insides.

WOW!!! I love that lock that will be made in the year of our Lord 2025;)

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Cody, will those Left and right locks become a double? I'm intrigued by doubles.

My birthday is this month. I asked Pierangelo Pedersoli to build me very special 20Ga double barrel shotgun. He did and its a looker. I received it yesterday.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cody, will those Left and right locks become a double? I'm intrigued by doubles.

My birthday is this month. I asked Pierangelo Pedersoli to build me very special 20Ga double barrel shotgun. He did and its a looker. I received it yesterday.

A) Happy Birthday! :)

B) Congratulations!

C) WHERE ARE THE PICTURES!

:p

Cody

Elite Cafe Member
Christiaan, yes, they will be going into an early 19th century english double. I built this 12g a few years ago. It was the most fun gun I've ever built. The barrels were salvaged from a cartridge gun and the locks are HEAVILY modified L&R late english locks. Every other part had to be made from scratch as there are no parts for sxs flints available. I'm hoping that this next one will alot better than my first attempt.

Attachments

• 12gsxs.jpg
    12gsxs.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 26

Latest posts

Sponsors