that is great!
put that up on ebay my first one sold for 90.00
if you do put it up there make sure you state it is your first
Good job
Dave

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
hey, powley man, lookin very nice. esp for a first. this gent is too well dressed and clean cut to be a real hobo .

A

ArtisanAttributes

Brian,
Nice First Nickel, I knew it was Lee Griffiths when the picture loaded. Great likeness, he is great guy.

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
Excellent job, at the rate nickel carvers are coming out, maybe we should unionize? Naah, bad idea. I never liked going to those meetings.

Joe

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks everyone for the Kudos.
I'm going to play with this one a little while longer----work on the background and border,etc.,etc.

Bill, I guess you know who the subject is now. It wasn't a set up. I realize that not everybody has seen a picture of Lee and therefore might not recognize him on a coin.
(And I was also hoping that it would be good enough that somebody would)

Tira, Lee sure is a terrific guy, but he hasn't seen it yet. (I know he's pretty busy in Reno these days)

monk, you're comments are right on the "money" (can I say that?)
(It's also exactly why I called it "My first nickle" and not a Hobo nickle....)

Dave......I probably won't be selling this one......but I like the idea (I love capitalism)

Last edited:

Steve Adams

Elite Cafe Member
Great first carving. Actually you wouldn't know it was a first carving, its that good. Having seen Lee's photo, I recognized him imediately.

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks everyone for the Kudos.
I'm going to play with this one a little while longer----work on the background and border,etc.,etc.

Bill, I guess you know who the subject is now. It wasn't a set up. I realize that not everybody has seen a picture of Lee and therefore might not recognize him on a coin.
(And I was also hoping that it would be good enough that somebody would)

Tira, Lee sure is a terrific guy, but he hasn't seen it yet. (I know he's pretty busy in Reno these days)

monk, you're comments are right on the "money" (can I say that?)
(It's also exactly why I called it "My first nickle" and not a Hobo nickle....)

Dave......I probably won't be selling this one......but I like the idea (I love capitalism)

Brian, I was 99.9 sure it was Lee as i have seen a photo of Lee.

coincutter

Elite Cafe Member
good work - if you can pull off the portrait work with a little more finesse you will be very busy
for a first work - you did well
love to see it when its done

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, I recognized him right away. Lee just got immortalized...........Good Job!! Ron S