• DSC00034.jpg
    DSC00034.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC00035.jpg
    DSC00035.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 145

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member

I feel if I say anything it is just gonna fall way short of my true appreciation. True Excellence.

pierre

Elite Cafe Member
very, very, very beautifull design, but i realy like the way that you engrave and give life to custer and the indian chief

Andrew Biggs

Hi Ron

Absolutley stunning peice. To see it at Reno was a real pleasure. The Indian style beadwork is a real stroke of genius and beautifully done.

The most amazing part of this rifle is Ron himself. Talking to Ron in Reno last year and his personal journey to start and finish the rifle is a remarkable story of determination within itself. You combine that and trying to engrave with no thumb makes this rifle a truly inspiring peice of art. A remarkable reflection on Rons engraving skill and soul. And in the background is the beautiful Liz being 100% supportave and encouraging every inch of the way. A truly wonderful story.

Cheers Ron............ may there be many more to come!!!!
Andrew

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Holy cow Ron,

You got some serious ambition! Definitely a long term project.

That looks great as usual.:)

Ray

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ron,
I am in awe..scroll work, inlays, carving of the wood, checkering, etc. truly a labor of love. I would like to
take the time to thank you for the suggestion on cutting down the glare on engraving in the white with the
baking enamel..it worked great. I hope Sam uses this in the Tips Archives and gives you credit for the tip. Keep up the good work.

Yours truly,

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,
Thanks for posting these! All I can say is seeing it in person is more inspiring and the photos just don't do it justice. It's just awesome!

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thank you! Thanks for writing the books you wrote, thanks for the advise you give everyone on the forum, and thanks for posting the awsome pics! You are truly an inspiration, whether you know it or not. Sincerely Seth

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks guys. You are an inspiration to me too, and I am constantly amazed by your creativity.

JJ, I didn't do the checkering or finishing and final fitting of the wood. Paul Lindke (gunmaker) helped me with that. I did the carving, ivory inlays, and preliminary fitting.
OK, the lacquer is working for you. Great!

Joe, the metals involved in the flesh tone on the face is a mixture of platinum, silver and copper. The hands were extremly hard to do with the individual fingers and such. Drove me up the wall! Ha Ha! had to make three attempts. the metal in the Winchester was alm ost too soft for work hardening metal inlays.

hope you enjoy. Thanks for the comps......Ron S

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
Ron....

I just can't think of anything to say that could describe my thoughs on this fantastic piece.........

But Robin, keeps telling me to close my mouth.......'cause I look silly & I'm drowning the keyboard...... :)

........cj

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That beadwork idea was a bombshell wasn't it?? The silver inlays beadwork were tedious to say the least, but a knockout idea. The little red spots in the beadwork design are copper inlays into the silver.
Ron s

Weldon47

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ron,
Thanks for continuing to raise the bar (and then assist others in going for it themselves)!!
Your work is as encouraging as it is beautiful and I would expect nothing less!!

your fellow pickin buddy,

Weldon