NASCAR Goodyear trophy

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a link to the NASCAR Good year trophy I just finished. I usually never see the finished product!
NASCAR
Not sure how to imbed it.
Rex

Last edited:

Ed Westerly

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rex (Grand Poohbaw, Sir) how much time did you have to do this? Did you do multiples? Did you know who was going to win weeks before???
Enquiring minds want to know! :biggrin::):cool::rolleyes:;):clapping::tiphat:

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
That just ooooozzzzzessss a high COOL FACTOR!!!! VERY NICE INDEED!!!:cool:

Donny

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bruce,
This year I actually did 2 cars (both of the contenders) a week before the end of the series. I usually start about a month before and do templates for 3 to 5 cars depending on how close the race is. The small decals are done by pantograph from hand engraved templates. Large ones are done by hand as well as the ones on curved areas. There is about 100 decals on each car. I have a very small window of time to do these and this year I spent over 110 hours engraving both of the cars (templates already done) in one week. It makes for some VERY long days!

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Not many of us will ever have the opportunity to engrave gold Nascar trophies! That's the coolest, Rex. Congratulations! :thumbsup::beerchug::clapping:

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Again Rex, WELL DONE! With the way the Championship point structure is now for NASCAR, you seem to need several cars under the graver each year just to be sure the eventual winner gets his in time. I hope Goodyear compenstates you for the extra work and time needed to ensure its/their completion in time for the presentation. Again, well done.

Bill Moody

Latest posts

Sponsors