Need help (inkjet)

I just got an HP envy 5660 and am using #62 ink cartridge and acetone however the transfer isn't happening. I've prepared my surface with 600 grit, cleaned with alcohol and acetone then tried transfer with no luck. Do i need to shellac, modge podge or hairspray my surface?

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Antipop, you are mixing apples with oranges.
The 5660 and #62 ink will do great transfers using a transparency film and Tom White's Transfer Magic solution or a Prismacolor pen#PM-121 and burnishing the image to metal.
For the Acetone transfer from paper or parchment paper you need an image from a LAZER printer.
Two entirely different transfer methods.

John you are right, I misinformed myself about the printer I am using. I finally had a successful transfer this morning and have been going at it.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
John you are right, I misinformed myself about the printer I am using. I finally had a successful transfer this morning and have been going at it.
Thanks Antipop, it's easy to get confused with all this stuff at first.
Glad you got a good transfer........it's like magic when it goes right. :)
Hope you get many more good ones.

707chrisa

Hi I am new here hope this helps . I use Goof Off super glue remover and it works like a charm with hp ink . The 4 oz can is just the right size and with the lighter fluid style lid I don't need a brush .Ps I use plan paper .

Latest posts

Sponsors