Need Help - Small Project

120RIR

I've been hand-engraving for many years almost entirely for the 18th century "living history" set but I am new to this forum and could use some help. I need two very simple words (Grade, and Schritte) engraved exactly in the style shown in brass. This is a bit more of an industrial look than I am accustomed to and for this project it's worth reaching out to folks who could no doubt do a much better job of this than I could. If you're interested please contact me and let's talk. FYI - this is for a restoration project on a model 1915 Austrian infantry support gun...see the original period photo. Thanks!

Attachments

• Arc1.jpg
    Arc1.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 147
  • skodaII.jpg
    skodaII.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 145

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
I COULD SURELY DO A MACHINE ENGRAVING ON THE METAL. NOT SURE ABOUT GREATING A JIG OR HOLDING FIXTURE TO orient the part to do the actuall work. i'd need a couple more fotos to determine the feasibility of such a job. i would also want to know the desired depth of the engraving.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Could you provide some more details? Where are you located? How big is the part after disassembly? I do this sort of thing all the time, but it's not inexpensive, especially if it needs shipped long distances, or the part is large and/or awkward to fixture.

Also, can you make a smoke print from an original? If you can lift a sharp print off an original part with scotch tape, then put it on a transparency (acetate, mylar, whatever), an exact transfer can be applied to the metal.

Martin Strolz

Elite Cafe Member
This would be the ideal typefont for this job. From Deckel, Germany.
Martin

Attachments

• DIN Engmittel.jpg
    DIN Engmittel.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 80