Need help

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
My printer quit. I was using an HP Envy 5540 that used 62 ink. Printing on Pictorico transparency and the transfers were fine. The old one was just finished. I needed a new one. I just set up a new HP Envy 7155 that uses 64 ink. I printed a transfer to try and not one spot of the ink transferred. What are your best suggestions for a new ink jet.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I use a # 62 cartridge also i have no problems with it unless the ink is getting low havent tried a 64

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I don't think that the new line of printers use 62 ink. I asked and staples when I purchased new one if they had one that uses 62. They do carry the ink but not printers that use it. You know how quickly things become obsolete.

papart1

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
if you still have a 62................try it in the 64 slot

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
when you think you've chosen a model of printer, take your design to the store. they will likely sacrifice a bit of time and a microdrop of ink to clinch a sale

Scottyd

I have a 7155. I use the hp cartridges with the Tom White solution. It works but not as dark as my old printer that used 564 cartridges. Try setting the printer in the advanced setting to gray scale. Since The transfer is not as dark, I Turn off my scope ring lite and use an led lite I got from ikea and shine it on the work from the side. The lite on my A60 is too bright and washes the transfer out. It’s a workaround but it gets me by. Another thing to try is using an after market black cartridge that has a different kind of ink. Shouldn’t be this hard.

quickcut07

Elite Cafe Member
I got a Desk Jet 3052a works good. I looked all over for one that used #62 ink no luck.
Check Tom White's compatible printer recommendations

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
it doesnt seem to matter what printer you use as long as you can get pigment ink for it. Dye ink wont transfer. Usually the cheap refills are dye. Not all printers have pigment ink available for them.

JasonSmith

I understand why my transfer effect is not ideal. After reading your comments, using 62, I searched the price. It is really expensive, which is 10 times the price of my ink now, haha

Sponsors