New and excited

woody

Hi to all @ the CAFE
I have just found you guys.There is so much to look at and learn.What an enthusiastic bunch you are.
I will certainly be a VERY frequent visitor here to ....LOOK and LEARN

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ok, woody-- what's your mo ? wood carving, scrimshaw, jewelry. we even have a couple safecrackers that hang out here. lots to learn here. teach us what you know.

woody

Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Monk my "mo"........ is I am a jeweller I own and operate a studio in Geelong Victoria Australia.I have been "at the bench" for 35 years and in that time always had great admiration for the art of engraving.Now it time to get serious and learn some new and interesting skills. I see some very steep learning curves ahead. It should be fun!
More soon
Regards Woody

rodstan

Welcome Woody,
Yet another Aussie engraver,up to six now from those I have seen (probably more in hiding).Won't be long and the country will be awash.I felt very alone 20 years ago and before the internet.Now just finding my way again and the wealth of knowledge available is truly amazing.This forum has rekindled my enthusiasm and the talent exhibited is absolutely superb.
Regards
Rod
Adelaide
South Oz

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome Woody, drag up a chair and a cup and we will talk. This forum can answer about any question you might have almost about anything, and I am positive we can learn something from you too......Ron S

Oh, and we might even strike up a song or two some way or other.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Woody. Welcome aboard! You won't find a nicer bunch of folks anywhere. We're happy to have you join us.
Sam