New attempt at bench organization

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
In another effort to try and man handle the tendency of tools to migrate all over the bench.

I made myself another bench block. I made it with what I hope is enough room to expand over the ne3xt few years.

Hopefully with a place for everything, I will have the discipline to keep everything in its place.

Lets hope

Ray

Attachments

• toolblock.jpg
    toolblock.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 259

firefly

That looks suspiciously like the kind of bench block a fly tyer might dream up. Nice.

Greg Neely

Patternweldor

Hi Ray, That looks like a really great design on the tool organizer, it is always hard to keep all the little burs and such from rolling off the bench, and even some of the larger things! If I could ask a question, Is that marine plywood that you used for your main bench top? It looks like it has a lot of layers and of good quality great choice for lack of warping, probably hard to obtain it anymore. Really quality work on your benches and shop. Thanks for the insight.

Chris.

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris,

The plywood is cabinet birch plywood that I got at Home Depot. I really like the stuff. I made all my benches and cabinets out of it. It is very affordable high layer and is pretty good quality stuff for the price.

Greg,

I have been known to do a bit of that too. ;)

jlseymour

Elite Cafe Member
Ray
That looks Great!!!
Howbout showing us some pic's of your fancy portable, folding work bench that you travel with...
Jerry

Latest posts

Sponsors