new engravers

Billzach

Elite Cafe Member
i spent about 5 years, learning on my own and there is nothing wrong with learning on your own, but it has it,s limits... speaking from experience i had come to a point where my work was at a standstill..i had a nice shop and had plans to keep engraving [ carving coins ] but knew i needed some one on one...i decided to attend a grs class to improve my skills and everything changed after i attended the class pertaining to my level of engraving and money obtained from carving coins..there,s nothing like hands on learning on how to make tools, set up and run a airgraver, ink transfers, etc..yes i paid out quite a few dollars for the class, motel, etc. but the good part was my work improved so much that i regained all i spent in less than 6 weeks because of the training i had received at grs..i,ve said all this to help the new engravers on the forum, if you want to cut the learning curve, go to a good engraving school..

Don Cowles

Elite Cafe Member
Bill, I went through the same thing you did, and with a similar outcome. I had a pretty well equipped shop for several years, and had read all the books- but I was dead in the water. Going to the GRS school made all the difference, and was worth every penny to me.

GeorgeKhayata

I also learned on my own back home(Syria), I have been an engraver for over 27 years(17 years in USA in NY), I improved my skill by looking at other engravers' work and reading some books, now I'm learning more from the cafe, I wish I have the time to go for GRS class, I have a business and a family(a wife and 2 kids) that makes it hard for me to go:( , learing never end as long as we are alive.
George.

Latest posts

Sponsors