New GRS GraverSmith

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
I tested one at Basel this year and it performs beautifully. Less features than the GraverMach, but it's still an excellent machine that is built like a tank.

GRS GraverSmith

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i don't know about the other machines, but the gravermeisters are, well you just will never destroy one in 30 years of use. just a bit of routine maintnance every once in awhile. they will last for a very long time.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Would this be a good machine for a total beginner? What would be a good hand piece to start off with?
Thanks,
BB

Yep. With the 901 handpiece you'd be ready for just about anything. Add a Monarch handpiece later for fine shading, and you can also add an Airtact unit when you're ready. This machine has less bells & whistles than its big brothers, but is still a workhorse capable of exquisite control and huge amounts of power.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm looking forward to seeing one in the flesh in June. It looks like a great piece of kit for those who don't want or need all the features of the GraverMach. Ditto, what you say about the 901 handpiece Sam. I replaced the standard spring for the lighter one and use my 901 for 95% of my work nowadays. The range of power is huge from really fine to quite deep cuts. I love it!