New here. Hi!

Randy Hayes

Hey everyone. This looks like a great community to be a part of. The internet has become very handy for this kind of thing where apprenticeships are harder to come by for aspiring engravers than they may have been a century ago.

I began with push gravers nearly a decade ago, but didn't stick with it for long. But this past summer I bought new equipment to give it another go. I have started a humble blog to track my progress. You can feel free to read it at http://engraving.cross-eyedstudio.com. Jump on there and give feedback any time. I also look forward to posting my questions here as they come.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Greetings Randy, and welcome aboard. Ask all the questions you like, and I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers. The Cafe members range from absolute beginners to some of the best in the world, and one thing they have in common is a willingness to help and share. The coffee's always on and your participation is welcome and encouaged. / ~Sam

Randy Hayes

Hi Sam. You have already been my instructor via your sharpening DVD, so I feel like I already know you. I love how you are providing all of these learning resources through new media. It's so appreciated by folks like myself. I'd been on your website before, but just discovered the forum today!

Ken Hurst

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Randy ---- welcome to the site, you'll love it ! I too am in N.C. --- we have a few more N.C. boys scratching steel. Bill Moody called me yesterday and told m about you. We are going to have an engraver get together & pig picking gathering over here in Greenville sometime in Jan. I reckon. There will be Bill, Sam Marshal, Ellis Sawyer, Russ Sutton, perhaps the present engr. instructor from Montgomery Inst. and myself with perhaps another one or two others. If interested in joining us, give me a call at 910-221-5288. Glad to have you with us. Ken

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Welcome to the forum Randy. We still need to get together sometime. My daughter lives in Cary so maybe I'll give you a call and see if we can get together for a couple of hours. Hope you can make the pig picking at Ken's place.

Bill Moody