New iGraver tutorial - drawing leaf script

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Of all the tutorials on iGraver, the one on leaf script has generated more emails, questions, and comments than any other. The majority of them were "how can I learn to draw leaf script?" This tutorial should provide you with enough information to get you drawing this beautiful lettering style. Give it a try and post your results!

Drawing Leaf Script

Cheers / ~Sam

dclevinger

Elite Cafe Member
That's outstanding Sam! I was having trouble with the layout and you just pointed me to the solution. Thank you. David

Jude

The leaf script is beautiful.
Every time a tutorial comes out, it's like Christmas morning and I get to open a little present.

Thanks Sam

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I really appreciate that Sam. The light just came on after reading that tutorial. How much do I owe ya?

Since our little talk about this over coffee I bought those Bergling books that have a few examples of it in various styles that are a good reference. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one interested.

You say it was popular a century ago, what say we bring it back? We can't bring back Lester & Earl or Fred & Ginger but between all of us here we ought to be able to re-introduce this beautiful stuff to the masses. Now, off I go to practice; think I'll do the preamble to the Constitution in leaf script...

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Tim and others. Glad you like the tutorial. Leaf script is awfully pretty, and I'll be looking forward to seeing some of your examples (hint hint). / ~Sam

GeorgeKhayata

Hi Sam,
I feel exactly as Jude said, every tutorial you post is like a gift, I log on every morning looking for a new gift, every day I learn something in this forum, your effort is great and highly appreciated, Thank God for you and all others who bring life back to Hand Engraving Art.
George

noud peters

Hi Sam,

I "ts a very nice Tutorial, good to improve your skills in drawing and
engraving. I am very enthusiastic and get startted right a way.
thanks
Noud Peters:) :)

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Sam , I agree with the others, this kind of information is priceless. The placement of the leaves & crossovers are key to the style.
thanks,
Kent