Rick50

It's a real pleasure to join the Engraver's Cafe. I'm new in the field of engraving, but have been an artist in several mediums over the past 40+ years. This site is teriffic, with a wealth of info for the newbie.
The past year I have been carving on wood, etching glass, etc. I'm looking forward to learning from the forum.
I've already spoken to Monk and am impressed with the level of professionalism. Hats off to you...Monk!:)

Rick50

Hi Brian,
Yes, as a matter of fact I had 2 years of professional training in oils from a former instructor of the School of Art by Robert Wood. I've dabbled with it off and on for several years.

Christiaan

Elite Cafe Member
Welcome Rick50. I'm also not and engraver but sure like the folks here. Got to check in everyday to see the fantastic work everybody does. Time and again I get the feeling I got to make a few scratches (thats what it probably will be) as well.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
professionalism ??? my goodness, that must have been my wife you were talking to, not me !

mikekoller

Brian,
Take the classes with the neighbor!!!!!!!

I have had a few oportunities that I never took advantage of and all I can do now is say I wish I had.

Last edited:

Rick50

Rick, I've often considered dabbling in oil painting. Even thought about taking some lessons from my professional artist neighbor.

His name is Dave Barnhouse....ever hear of him?
Brian,
No can't say that I have. If he offers any instruction...take it. I'm sure it will be worth it