New Stainless Pythons engravable?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I know the barrels can’t be removed, but it’s only 3” and engraving would be a minimal treatment on frame and cylinder.

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
At one time there was a gun hardness chart online. I put up a post with a link to it. I just went to that post by searching gun hardness, clicked on the link and found that it is no longer available. I don't know why it was taken down. I am sure it was compiled by people or someone that may be on this forum. If anyone has that list it would be good to post it. The list was very extensive and gave a numerical rating on the list of guns by manufacturer.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
At one time there was a gun hardness chart online. I put up a post with a link to it. I just went to that post by searching gun hardness, clicked on the link and found that it is no longer available. I don't know why it was taken down. I am sure it was compiled by people or someone that may be on this forum. If anyone has that list it would be good to post it. The list was very extensive and gave a numerical rating on the list of guns by manufacturer.
Yeah, it’s still there but you gotta hunt for it. New SS Pythons are not mentioned.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My link did not work a couple of weeks ago and I tried to find the site again with no luck. To what URL did it move?
Scroll down below the main page (see screenshot) and it’s with metals information- CAFE GUN LIST (see other screenshot).

Attachments

• IMG_4285.png
    IMG_4285.png
    320.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4286.png
    IMG_4286.png
    343 KB · Views: 24

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
Scroll down below the main page (see screenshot) and it’s with metals information- CAFE GUN LIST (see other screenshot).
I found that one a few weeks ago. That is not the one that had the pages of listings. The one I was looking for was formerly on the gunengraving.org website, which appears to have disappeared. I think that one is the one all of us were looking for. I cannot remember whose site that was, so I can't ask if anyone knows about the owner. One of us may know that site owner, however, and know what happened to the list. If it can be found again, it ought to go on the FEGA site or somewhere else that is unlikely to go away.

I did a new model Anaconda recently. It wasn’t hard to cut but did have some variation in hardness in different spots.

Latest posts

Sponsors