Newbe braclets

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hello, I am a flegling wannabe engraver. I took a class from Rex this spring, then I really didn't mess with it much until this fall. When I finally signed up to this forum, I realized how great it is, and I also realized the reason this website is so cool is because many people post their work and ideas. So, fair being fair I am going to try and post some pics. Please be honest, but not too cruel, as I am at least a lifetime away from making some of the work I have seen on this site. Thanks, Seth

Attachments

• braclet1.jpg
    braclet1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 174
  • braclet2.jpg
    braclet2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 174
  • braclet3.jpg
    braclet3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 187
  • braclet4.jpg
    braclet4.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 167

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth, you are displaying an incredible amount of talent from taking just one class.
(However, Rex does know how to teach it the right way)

I don't think you'll need a lifetime to accomplish world class work.
Brian

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
They are made from 14 guage argenta sterling and bent w/ a grs bender and further bent around a one inch mac socket just to get the ends right. seth

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Bravo Seth, you had a good teacher to be progressing that fast. Very nice! There is a lot to learn, but you are definately engraver material......Right on-ride on....keep us posted on your progress..........Ron S

qndrgnsdd

Elite Cafe Member
Seth, Very good firsts! You don't need to pay the extra for Argentium silver unless you are going to be doing a lot of soldering, or other heating on the peice. You're off to a great start!........Owen W

fegarex

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seth,
Glad to see you post the engraving! Great stuff and a GREAT student too!
Keep on cutting!

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mike, good to hear from you. My dad fiddled w/ it for a bit but neither he or my mother have any time. They both are doing good and they hope to engrave, but for now they can't find the time. Have you persued it much yet? Hey everyone, thanks for the compliments and your time. It really means something to have input and output, and I think the sharing improves everyone's work. Or at least mine, Seth

michaelp

Elite Cafe Member
Seth, I've been chipping away at it,trying to fit it in to every free moment. I,m going to post some pictures as soon as I get a camera, the one I have is old and does not focus up close. Tell everyone I said hello and I'll see you around the forum.

Latest posts

Sponsors