Announcement: Now selling practice plates and finishing stones on site

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
Chris, will you have patterns on any of you practice plates?

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
1/2 millimeter square stones? one 50th of an inch? wow- where did you find those hair fine things? do you put them in a tiny holder, or glue them to a stick, or what to keep them from breaking with a dirty look?

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Mitch, They are made of ceramic fiber they are very strong. They go into a holder that looks like or probably is a mechanical pencil. This way you can adjust how much of the length is protruding. I can get them in more sizes. 0.7 0.9 1.4mm, I am starting with the smallest size because they are what I use mostly.

Glenn, Right now I am only selling the blank plates.

Chris

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris,

Best wishes for success in this online venture, looks like you are making great use of broadband teaching and quality video. Could be a major step, making a difference in bringing great teaching opportunities to remote locations, and save us a lot on air fares. It is great to meet up with others in the real world, but for some it is well nigh impossible to make long journeys, so this could be the next best thing!

Rod

Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I sent you a message via your contact form noting that sets - stones + holders - would be good to have available.

Have to sell a couple more nickels before I have funds but when I do I'd like to get the full set of stones, each with its own holder but at full price for each that's a bit steep.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hey Chris, how about carrying those ultra small Edenta carbide ball burs? I need a fresh supply. / ~Sam

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, I have a good supply of them and I thought about it, but they have gone up in price a lot. I would have to sell them for four dollars each. The nice thing about them though is in the 0.02mm size,( 2 tenths of a mm) The whole shaft is carbide and after they dull or break I use them for stippling tools mace undercutting tools and even my own carbide drills.

If you need a few and that price isn't to outrageous to you send me an email and I will sell you some. Chris