Help, please: obverse side- plane

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a rough layout of the obverse side of my plane, incorporating what I think I'm hearing at the Cafe...

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 159

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's not too bad Cloudy. Remember to keep your spirals nice and even throughout though. This is fine as a rough idea but I'd like to see it tidied up a bit. Some of the scrolls are all back and hook into a head which is what you don't want. Keep with this design but let's see a neater version.

Cloudy

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
redraw

Okay- I did a redraw, and I'm pretty sure everyone goes in their proper directions...
"Some of the scrolls are all back and hook into a head" - not sure what you meant by this...

CLOUDY: here's what i mean. my scroll ( yes, a rather poor one ) flows out of the "parent" scroll. it doesn't come out at such a harsh angle. also note your layout has not changed. it's the same. all your errant scrolls could be made to flow out gracefully without disturbing your original layout. your "daughter" scroll, just off to the right, it comes out at a perpindicular angle ! instead of flowing out gracefully. all very easy to change.
hope this helps a bit

Attachments

• layout2.jpg
    layout2.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 67
  • SCROLDRAW.jpg
    SCROLDRAW.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i'm not being picky, or i hope not. i notice many of your scrolls start at too steep an angle as they come out of the "parent" scroll. they should flow out not at such a steep angle, but come out very smoothly- gracefully if you will. your lay out can remain the same, but will be very much improved by doing this adjustment to your drawing.

Latest posts

Sponsors