Optivisor Troubles

ShaneMac

Greetings,

I have a number 7 optivisor, and it is suppose to focus 6 inches away from the lens, unfortunately it does around half of that. I'm afraid if I go with a different number the work I will do will be either too far away or too close. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I have a bad brand? I have a Donegan Optivisor.

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
You have the standard brand opti-visor, you could go down to the nearest hardware store and purchase a couple 6-40 or 4-48 x 3"? screws with corresponding nuts and washers and use them to push the lens out from the front of the visor, that'll increase your working distance.

Chujybear

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
A five will get you where you need to be. I want to try that trick of pushing the lens out.. do you get glare? Or does the image effectively shrink as you get further back from it?

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
A five will get you where you need to be. I want to try that trick of pushing the lens out.. do you get glare? Or does the image effectively shrink as you get further back from it?
You will lose some field of view, the farther away you move the lens from your eyes the smaller your viewing area.

AO84

Maybe your vision is better than mine but I find anything less than #7 to not be strong enough. Also, I just checked and with the 7 the distance is about 5-6 inches.. I guess the distance depends on different vision? I don't have great vision but I get by without glasses...just sharing this fwiw. Good luck