Announcement: OT bragging

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My oldest daughter just received her early acceptance letter from MIT
Go Randi!!!!!!!!!!!

CJ Allan

Elite Cafe Member
That means Double Up on the engraving............
&.....NOT as Much Fishing, to pay for it.......
BUT...........

Tell the Kidd, We're all Proud of her& Know she'll teach em somethin at MIT......... :)

Congrats Randi........... :)

Uncle CJ

Andrew Biggs

I have absolutley no idea what MIT is but it sounds very cool. :)

Congratulations. There is nothing like seeing the kids starting to make their own path in life.

Cheers
Andrew

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Andrew,

Massachusetts Institute of Technology is the top math, science and technology school in the country. A math or science kid getting in there is like a law student getting into Harvard or Yale. The campus is right across the street from Harvard and the two schools do share some faculty. For a small town kid with working class parents its an extreme accomplishment.

Hauling her half way across the country and dropping her off next fall is going to kill me but I'm going to have to deal with it. She has a couple friends who made it into Harvard so she will have people in the neighborhood she knows and won't be there alone. That is a bit of a relief to me.

Ray

Mike Fennell

Elite Cafe Member
Congratulations Randi, and congratulations to Ray and Holly for the excellent example and incentive you are to your daughters.

From my experience of having two brothers who are physicists, I recommend that you be prepared to be unable to read even the titles of Randi's future dissertations.

Mike Fennell

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ray,
Since I guess I've got to admit to being one of those scientist geeks (a geologist) and I've done a lot of work both with and against MIT people, I want to offer my congrats as well. That is one serious accomplishment.

todd

Ray Cover

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey nothing wrong with being a science geek. I have one here I love very much.

I guess I should be a little less flippant with the term because some folks might find it offensive. We use it affectionately around here. Randi and I pick on each other a little. I call her my little science geek and she calls me her art geek dad.

Ray

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Science geek, art geek, it's all good. Hell I'm trying to be both. i had fun with it in college because I played football as well, I'm only 6 ft tall, but weigh about 250 lb with a 36 in waist in college, so I didn't get much grief about it, except from the guys on the team. Yeah, yeah, it's grown to a 38 inch now. If your gonna get old, you gotta get tough.:)

Latest posts

Sponsors