Announcement: Passing of Steve Dunn

jlutz

I wanted to pass along this information from American Bladesmith Society where Steve was serving as Chairman. I’m sure many here knew him as well. I got to know Steve a little through the ABS and had the opportunity to learn from him as a bladesmith. I hadn’t had had the chance to take an engraving class with him yet, though I had hoped to do so in the future. In the bladesmithing class I took with him, I enjoyed discussing our mutual interest in engraving as well old west guns. His loss will be felt by many. From the ABS post on 5/22/24:

It is with the saddest regrets that we must announce the loss of ABS Chairman and dear friend Steve Dunn. The ABS is still reeling from the devastating news that we received today that Steve passed away at his home yesterday. Our prayers are with his family and we will all struggle to deal with his loss.

Steve was a longtime member of ABS and received his Mastersmith stamp in 1994, before going on to serve on our board of directors and eventually as our Chairman. He was a craftsman of the highest level, as evident in the exceptional blades he made, and unsurpassed as an engraver which he passed onto so many with his teaching.

Here is the link to Steve’s Obituary: https://www.hardyandsonfuneralhomes.com/obituaries/steve-dunn

Which reads:

Steve Dunn

February 12, 1955 — May 21, 2024

Smiths Grove, Kentucky

Steve Dunn, 68 of Smiths Grove died at his residence on May 21, 2024.

The Warren County native was a son of the late Kenneth Dunn and Jewell Cassady Dunn. Steve was a Master Blade Smith and Engraver. He was a member of Glen Lily Baptist Church and president of North American Knife Makers Guild.

His survivors include a brother, Mike Dunn (Teresa), two nephews, Corey Dunn (Mary Phoenix) and Nicholas Dunn (Shanna), one niece, Julianna Bewley (Chad), and several nieces, nephews and cousins.

There will be a memorial service at 1 p.m. Thursday, May 30 at Hardy & Son Funeral Home, Bowling Green Chapel with visitation from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Cremation was his choice.

In lieu of flowers donations may be made to Clear Fork Baptist Church, 303 Clearfork Church Spur Rd., Rockfield, KY 42274 or you may text to 270-207-9328 IMG_6014.jpeg

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just heard this news yesterday from a mutual friend Steve was a good friend who I met when teaching st GRS
Rest in peace

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I bought a folding knife with engraving from him some years ago. Stopped in and had a nice visit with him. Super nice guy.

Latest posts

Sponsors