Photo question.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
Please, give me advise how to download clear, maximum size photo!
What parameters are optimal for .jpeg (resolution-hight-width) to fit the image to the topic?
Thank you.
Paul.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
I,m trying to reduce the size of the file to the exeptable point, when it reaching it,
the size and quality getting unreadable.
The camera is Canon 1Ds mk II, it is a plenty of room to play,
I do not know what is the best way to go on this Forum.

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
I use Photoshop to process my photos for various applications. You can use the image size and crop to get the size you need. Then use 'save file as' to adjust the file size. I would think other programs may have like options. Lots of free programs on tucows.com.

maplesm

Elite Cafe Member
I use photoshop to manipulate most of my photos. You can use the 'image size' and 'crop' controls to reduce the physical size of the picture. Then use 'save file as' to limit the file size.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
It is exactly what I'm doing, but all the process goes blindly, reducing the size step by step till it squeezes to the upload, but the result is measerable.
Well, I can try again.
It is better, but is it maximum what could be done?

Attachments

• emWI3V9897.jpg
    emWI3V9897.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rather than reducing the resolution (making the picture smaller) reduce the quality. JPG files can save a lot of space without a lot of visible data loss. The data really is gone so only reduce the quality on a copy of the picture.

PhotoShop has a 'save for web' option that will automatically balance everything to give you the best looking, smallest file size image.

If you're not using that look for an option about 'JPG Quality'. You can set it down to 70% or Medium (whatever your program calls it) and save a nice big picture into a pretty small file.

In order to be able to upload the image the referenced thread says it has to be 800 x 800 pixels (or less) and no more than a 100kb file size. You can get a pretty darn good picture within those limitations. One way to show detail and stay 'in bounds' is to - working on your nice, big original picture - zoom in on a particular area, crop out just that section and save it as a 'less than 800x800, 100KB file' image of its own.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
It is exactly what I'm doing, but all the process goes blindly, reducing the size step by step till it squeezes to the upload, but the result is measerable.
Well, I can try again.
It is better, but is it maximum what could be done?

this foto seems ok, except too much background. no need for all that white. simply go to your crop command and eliminate all that wasted white background.

PAUL LANTUCH

Elite Cafe Member
More quality photos.

Attachments

• emMG_1616.jpg
    emMG_1616.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 45
  • emColt Navy.jpg
    emColt Navy.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 44