Pictorio transfer

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was trying to get a transfer with a laser printer but it wouldnt show up very good so I remembered something about using Pictorio film for trasfers but forgot the method. If I remember it used a inkjet printer which I have also. Please help!?!?!???

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Clean the metal with acetone to remove finger oil etc, and dry it.
Go into the the Ink Jet printer "settings" and order "Best Quality," Black Ink only."
Print on the rough side of the film

Apply Prismacolor Colorless Pen fluid or Print Magic to the area where you want the transfer to go to.
Allow to become "sticky dry", apply transfer film, print side down,

Burnish the back of the transfer and carefully lift a corner of the film to see that you are getting results.
Continue burnishing the whole transfer to transfer the ink from the film to the metal.
Give it a little time to dry and you are good to go.

Hope this is a little help.
Best regards.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Pictorico works real good for me. I do think they changed domething as it works even better eith the new package I bought last year I have not had luck using markers to transfer while others have. I use a mixture of dams r varnish and lighter fluid. As John directed, Clean the Metal snd apply the solution. Print on the dull side of the pictorico black ink only. You can also print by doing a black copy on your printer dont rub too hard as you transfer as it is not necessary.it transfers real easy

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
I like and have used the Pictrio, Prismacolor transfer method. My ink jet died and I need new one. Which one works the best? I know that some don't work because of the different types of ink. Some inks are a dye inks and some are pigment. To everyone who uses ink jets Which one do you recommend?

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
My current method of transferring a design is to print on baking parchment and coat with Prismacolor. When you burnish 100% of the toner will transfer. I have found that if you heat the item with a heat gun it will bake the toner on to the metal the same way the printer bakes it on the paper. It doesn't rub off easily. The only drawback is that positioning is more difficult.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
If you are going to make transfer prints with an ink printer, be sure that your printer uses PIGMENT INK. Many color ink printers use pigment black and dye color. Dye inks do not work. If you have a color printer with pigment black and dye color, tell the printer to only print black. If you have an ink printer with pigment black and pigment colors, the colors will work--you can red blocks or lines at overlap areas to warn you to stop cutting. Dark red, green, and blue can be seen reasonably well (not as good as black), but lighter colors and yellow do not show up well.

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
OK, WHICH PRINTER IS BEST ?
Obviously I'm in no position to say which is the best printer for your use.
I would suggest you take some sheets of the film you intend to use to the place you intend to buy from and ask them to print you a test page, text or picture, in "Best Print", "Black ink only".
Then use the samples for a test transfer before buying the machine.
I don't know if it's the best but I have had good results with my five year old HP Envy 5660 printer/ copy machine.
I expect my machine is no longer in production but there is sure to be a later, and maybe improved model available at a reasonable price.
Best of luck in your looking and testing.

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
OK thank you everyone, it worked out fine . I did end up having to buy a new printer as my ol dinosaur inkjet is definitely obsolete and they no longer make cartridges for it any more.

Sponsors