Practice plate in progress

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Been working on this plate for far too long now, so I'm trying to get this finished without any distractions. The finished plate will show the country I am from, the city I was born and the city I am living in now.
Center stage will be getting a dutch windmill...so loads to do still, hahaha

Marc

Attachments

• 20220901_202640.jpg
    20220901_202640.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 210

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you very much for the nice comments. I am trying to vary my shading with each plate I do, so I can see the difference. I'm glad it didn't turn out too weird , hahaha.

@Adder I'll try to add some progress shots if I can get good enough pictures. The finished plate will be posted anyways, even if I mess up the mill.

Marc

jeff Cadzow

Been working on this plate for far too long now, so I'm trying to get this finished without any distractions. The finished plate will show the country I am from, the city I was born and the city I am living in now.
Center stage will be getting a dutch windmill...so loads to do still, hahaha

Marc
It’s work like this that reminds me just how far I have to go before I can consider that I’m half decent.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
It’s work like this that reminds me just how far I have to go before I can consider that I’m half decent.
Thank you very much for such a compliment. I don't consider what I am doing half decent myself. I am just trying to learn this amazing artform and enjoy doing so. There are soooo many aspects to engraving that I want to learn, but I realise I am not in any hurry. I have the rest of life to keep learning. I wish I had more time to engrave though...but that's a whole different story, hahaha.

Marc

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
So...it is done. Lots of "should have, could have, would have...but I didn't" ....but I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I had a blank spot up top that I couldn't decide on how to fill it. Tulips, wooden shoes...initials. Really happy that I went for a copper inlayed Dutch crown.

Thanks for watching along with this little project and for all the nice comments along the way. They are truly appreciated.

Marc
20221003_170953.jpg