practice scrolls and letters

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
I had fun cutting this 1018 steel. It is my first practice since eye surgery in Sept. It was done from some drawings done before that.
I took a wrong turn and got lost down there on the lower rt.
It is sooo wonderful to have my vision returning, and now I can see my mistakes even as I make them! Couldn't resist putting the torch on it for some color.........life is fun again!
Comments and criticisms are welcome, and I know my photography is not too good either. You can just call me 'happy eyes' from now on, though.
gailm

Attachments

• DSCN1438 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1438 (Small).JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 269
  • DSCN1439 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1439 (Small).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 172

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice work Happy Eyes. It has some nice 3D. Glad to read about your eye recovery.

Andrew Biggs

Hi "Happy Eyes"

Good deal on the eye surgery. It makes a big difference if you can see the work alright.

Brail engraving is not a recommended technique. :)

Keep at it, your definatley headed down the right track.

As for the message..................that's great!!!!

Cheers
Andrew

gail.m

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks all,
It is amazing how the human mind and body adapt to less than perfect conditions. I knew my cataracts were becoming a problem, but other conditions as well called for lens replacements for both eyes, and I also had some growths removed from behind eyelids. I truly didn't realize just how bad things were until everything healed up....,now cow chips along the way are no longer a problem, only the tiny magnetized metal chips! Which reminds me, what do you all use to demagnetize things? I'm thinking almost every thing steel on my bench is becoming a magnet!

Sponsors