Printing on Parchment

tdelewis

Elite Cafe Member
If you are printing on baking parchment for transfers and having trouble with paper jams and smeared transfers, here are some suggestions.
1. Always roll the paper backwards so that it lays flat.
2. Sand the leading edge where the tape is placed on the parchment. I use 320. This removes the silicon form the paper and allows the tape to stick and not be pulled lose when it goes through the printer.
3. Heating after the transfer will keep it from smearing just like heating it in the printer keeps it from smearing on the paper. I use a heat gun.
I know when I first used parchment, jams and smearing were a problem.

EngraverHand

Elite Cafe Member
In the very beginning when starting with parchment paper I had this problem whatever I tried.. it got jammed in any way.. until I started to use thin masking tape. I use the yellow 3M.. I´m sure other can work too, but I have a lot from the leather working days.. anyway, taping the edges of the parchment to a normal printing paper works every time for me now.. :)

IMG_5322.JPG

Simas

I just got myself laser printer Hp laserjet, prints really crisp and nice. Today I wanted to experiment, make some transfers on parchment paper.
Ou my what a nightmare I had, it printed out all smeared, tried different tapes (same result). I thought something's wrong with my baking paper, went out to town.
So tried 5 brands, same results. Tracing paper prints out properly, but you can't burnish toner out of it. Got lucky with glossy paper from sticker base, but you cant really see throught the paper.
Had one paper jam and now everytime i print something threres toner marks on paper. (I need to take it all apart and clean it if thats posible).

Found this thread today and you lifted my spirit, thank you guys. Will try you way tomorrow. :)

BTW, thats my first post on forum, so hello everyone. :) 1000020905.jpg

Latest posts

Sponsors