Progress pics

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I like it,

cannot wait to build the confidence to start cutting designs in gunmetal.

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks TG and John.

John, you may have noticed the design changes. I must admit the design is not my favorite but after countless hours of design which I shared here, I transferred it to metal and I found that my design was not cut able. It was simply too small on metal. In the space that I now have 6 scrolls I used to have 22. The design looked great on Procreate but what I can do with a computer screen under zoom is far more than on metal. Lesson learned. ☺️

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks. I always find it interesting to see bulino work with some context. Here is a picture with a head hair in the shot, and then just a close up pic. (What appears to be a scratch from the nostril is just a piece of lint).

Previously I progressed by nearly completing the eyes, then nearly completing the nose, then the ear and so on. This time I am moving around more, stopping at 60-80% and then moving on to another feature. I hope this provides a more well rounded finished image. i Am curious about the approach others of you take.

Dan

Attachments

• CEEF1268-EDDE-4BA0-9825-BCA89A239B47.jpeg
    CEEF1268-EDDE-4BA0-9825-BCA89A239B47.jpeg
    106.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 5B519EA6-DED2-44CD-9AF9-19182D4FB6EB.jpeg
    5B519EA6-DED2-44CD-9AF9-19182D4FB6EB.jpeg
    57.6 KB · Views: 80

dcurrie911

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Cropduster and Papart1. Posting my pictures shortly before Brian posted his is like a High School cover band opening for the Eagles. But it is work like his that keeps all of amazed and eager to do better.

Dan

Leland Davis

Elite Cafe Member
Dan,after seeing your 94 Winchester I believe all you need is the right client that wants something like Brian's amazing work.
Leland

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
Thanks. I always find it interesting to see bulino work with some context. Here is a picture with a head hair in the shot, and then just a close up pic. (What appears to be a scratch from the nostril is just a piece of lint).

Previously I progressed by nearly completing the eyes, then nearly completing the nose, then the ear and so on. This time I am moving around more, stopping at 60-80% and then moving on to another feature. I hope this provides a more well rounded finished image. i Am curious about the approach others of you take.

Dan
looks like that critter is thinkin about something ! lookin good to my eyes.