Qty :12

Buy It Now
Add to cart
Watch

Get it by Fri, May 3 - Thu, May 16 from Waukegan, Illinois
• Like New condition
• 30 day returns - Buyer pays return shipping
Sold by greatbookprices2 (36985)98.8% Positive feedbackContact seller

See details- Engraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I...
About this item
Condition
Like New
Quantity
1 sold
2 available
ISBN
Item Number
Item Ending
May 07, 2019, 05:51 AM PDT

Item description

Shipping, Returns & Payments
Ships from
Waukegan, Illinois

Returns
Accepted within 30 days
Buyer pays return shipping
Payments

Guarantee
eBay Money Back Guarantee

More items related to this product

item 1 Engraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I... -Brand NewEngraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I...
$20.85
Free shipping

Last edited:

pmace

Elite Cafe Member
The Art of Champleve Enameling and Engraving
Skip to main content

eBay

Engraving and Enamelling The Art of Champleve by Phil Barnes 9781785005459

Your pick$21.34
Brand new$20.85
$21.34
Free Shipping
Qty :12

Buy It Now
Add to cart
Watch

Get it by Fri, May 3 - Thu, May 16 from Waukegan, Illinois
• Like New condition
• 30 day returns - Buyer pays return shipping
Sold by greatbookprices2 (36985)98.8% Positive feedbackContact seller

See details- Engraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I...
About this item
Condition
Like New
Quantity
1 sold
2 available
ISBN
Item Number
Item Ending
May 07, 2019, 05:51 AM PDT

Item description

Shipping, Returns & Payments
Ships from
Waukegan, Illinois

Returns
Accepted within 30 days
Buyer pays return shipping
Payments

Guarantee
eBay Money Back Guarantee

More items related to this product

item 1 Engraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I... -Brand NewEngraving and Enamelling : The Art of Champleve, Hardcover by Barnes, Phil, I...
$20.85
Free shipping

Got mine direct from the publisher. Excellent book.

Steve L S

Thank you for the link. I believe the author is the same person commissioned to reproduce a plaque on a reliquary in the following youtube link

If the link does not work search "How was it made Champleve enamelling " Victoria and Albert museum

Jonathan.Silas

Elite Cafe Member
I'm glad you have posted these, your other posts make so much more sense to me now that I can understand how the process is done. I was seeing the finished product and not following how it all came to be. Very interesting process, how did you come to be practicing the art sir?

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jonathan, I took classes, but my mom encouraged me to give enameling a try. It's all about the line and texture and shading. This can be accomplished in enameling and engraving hand and hand or separately. Lines can be executed in engraving and enhanced by color in enameling. Lines can be accomplished in enameling by drawing in pencil and firing those graphite touches in the kiln. Using copper or fine silver cloisonne wires, lines can be executed as an extra accent in enameling. Engraving or etching is another way to communicate delicate line work. So combining engraving and enameling, enhance both processes in a very symbiotic way! Anytime you work with lines, drawing, pen and ink, graphic communication, etc., you are improving your sense of design which leads to better engraving. If you can't draw them, you can't cut them! You are constantly experimenting with negative and positive space, design flow, and aesthetic considerations to produce art. By learning to block in what you are trying to represent especially at a small scale you get to the generalized crux of what is worthy to show to get your message across. As a mapmaker (cartographer), jeweler, designer and hand engraver, the line and graphic representation have played a major role in formulating my artistic sensibilities. In fact, engraving played a major role in mapmaking, shown by depicting different lineweights to convey various meanings, before these processes became automated. Placement and layout of information to communicate and complete the intersection between the cartographer and the user developed the eye for detail, and the need to produce a pleasing display to bring trust in the integrity and reliability of the product, with the goal of readability, to effectively relay critical information for user safety. So I had a natural affinity for lines, and color from enameling, as an enhancement to those lines, it's a natural progression that brings into the mix an addional element in dimensional richness.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors