Question

WMS

What is the consensus on the Fordom K2293 flexshaft engraver? I realise that air power is preferred, but in my new job there just isn't room for a compressor, control box etc, however I do have a second hanging position for a flex shaft above the bench. And while the Lindsey unit eliminates the control box I would still need a source of compressed gas.
http://www.ottofrei.com/Foredom-K-2293-PowerGraver-Kit_2

pkroyer

The flexible shaft unit make a good low speed power source for the Ngraver Magnagraver. I will let others with more experience comment on using the handpiece for engraving.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
my first "power toy" was the magnagraver. it was a very well made tool. like all tools, it's really the hand that guides it. it was a very minor thing, but i ended up selling mine; i never mounted it properly and didn't like the slight drag the flex shaft imparted to my hand. had i mounted it properly, i might still be using it. jmho

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
My first "power" engraver was also the NgravR and it has served me well over the years. Nowadays I use it when doing "period" pieces and need to replicate hammer marks, when not actually using the hammer and chisel. Kinda dumb to use it as the H&C is quick and easy for such work.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Like Monk & Bill NgraveR was my first power assist engraving tool and did many guns & gun parts with no problems. J.J.