red brass pin

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
All, this coat or blouse pin I just finished. The "photography" stinks but I can't seem to get enough time for a light box. I'm trying to get my scrolls to flow. Comments welcome.
Kent

Attachments

• DSCN0483.jpg
    DSCN0483.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 188

Ron Smith

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kent, your designing is good. Your scrolls flow, your balance is good.
The most glaring thing to me is the stem thickness (backbone line). Keep it consistent and it will make the whole job more professional. Try and keep your leaf mass consistent. The two very large leaves (beginning spiral) overwhelm the others, so bring your spiral around a little further to set the size of those first leaves, or open the second spiral so that you can accomplish equal leaf mass with larger leafs.

Study your shading more thoroughly. Shading needs to accomplish depth and contours. You have the idea, just lack the understanding of where and how to place the lines. Be critical in your observations when examining good work......It is a nice pleasing job never the less................Ron S

D.DOUGLAS

Elite Cafe Member
Kent, I have cut a lot of pieces like this.Ron has given you good info! I would suggest to practice drawing much more than cutting. If your like me i would get in a hurry to cut and my piece suffered because i did not take adequate time to draw and design. Keep up the good work and remember if it looks good on paper it will look great in metal.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
if it was me, i would add a few bright cuts in there somewhere that they would fit. looks ok, though !

Latest posts

Sponsors