Remington Model 4

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
This is what I’ve been working on lately, still working out the design but have it almost there. All the border outlines will be silver inlay and for the rabbit I would like to do silver overlay but not sure if I’m setting myself up for more than I can chew. Any thought suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated, Thank you!

A6ECC21C-D444-4F89-AB3C-A22119D5A9CC.jpeg AC3D840C-6A66-4DC0-B565-3929D0EE1FCD.jpeg

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Jmiller I have the same Remington model 4 in 22lr barrel needs relining started engraving your design looks good go for it. J.J.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Thank you Sam, John & JJ… this is a 32 Short Long RF, I looked into getting it relined but couldn’t find anyone. I’m going to get the stocks fitted and checkered first before engraving.

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
this is a 32 Short Long RF, I looked into getting it relined but couldn’t find anyone.
Ed Rayl will reline it but won't rechamber it. I've got a .38 rimfire that I've been reconsidering having converted to a different round.

JMiller

Elite Cafe Member
Many years ago I had the pleasure of firing a Rem No. 4 in 32 rim fire. As the cartridges were somewhat rare, I only got to fire it once...but was fun!

… would be nice if it was produce today as a specialty ammo along with other obsolete calibers.

I’ve been busy working on a new design, and it’s coming together nicely. The plan is to have a silver inlay for all the border outlines, and I’m considering a silver overlay for the rabbit. I’m unsure if that will be too complicated or if I can handle it.

Timesform

The Remington Model 4 is a solid choice—classic design and reliable performance. They’ve got a good selection, and the prices are pretty decent.

AllenClapp

Elite Cafe Member
I like the look and feel of the design, but it is not easy to follow the growth of the design. I have marked up one side of the upper buttplate area. It is somewhat easy to figure out that the middle scroll comes off the end of the original seed scroll [see the red line] but the third scroll has no visible indication of its origin [see the yellow line]. Perhaps in your next iteration of the design you can leave openings between leaves where you can see the flow of the vine stem. Gold dots for the rabbit eyes??? 1726495989753.png

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I've had a long interest in single shot rifle's some good books on single shot rifle's and actions by Frank de Haas & single rifle's by James J. Grant also Tom Rowe's books and the American Single Shot Rifle Association witch I'm a member of an other place for old cartrige's AARDVARK Laboratories L.L.C. Glenn Anderson cell 630-957-7999. J.J.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors

FEGA